Giving Tuesday is a worldwide movement that encourages people to get involved and give back to their communities in a way that’s meaningful to them. It takes place the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, following major retail “holidays” like Black Friday and Cyber Monday. And with some Giving Tuesday planning, it’s also a chance for organizations to reach out and engage with their audiences!
This year, Giving Tuesday falls on November 27, but a campaign can start well before that and last much longer than a single day. Depending on your organization, you may consider using Giving Tuesday as a fundraising opportunity or as a chance to partner with a local nonprofit. A giving campaign can help you get your employees, consumers, and neighborhood involved through events, donations, volunteer work, or any other ideas you might have!
Create a Plan.
Whether your objective is to recruit volunteers, gain social media followers for your organization, or raise money for a cause, it takes thoughtful planning to be effective.
1. Start by assessing your resources, including time, money, and man power.
2. Set a clear goal, whether it be raising funds, building awareness, or something else altogether.
3. Create a schedule to keep you and your team on track.
4. Build out assets such as social graphics, mail pieces, and written content.
5. Strategically roll out your promotional materials across platforms like your blog, social channels, and email.
6. Track your success and put your results to work by sharing your campaign story.
Thinking about creating your own Giving Tuesday campaign? For inspiration, check out some of our related projects:
- Integrated Strategy for UPM
- Customer Appreciation Campaign for OneMain Financial
- Integrated Campaign for MedStar Health
- Film Series for St. Agnes Healthcare
- Branding Campaign for Semester Online
Get in touch, and we can work up something impactful together.