Director, Brand Development
The Director of Brand Development is responsible for creating strategies with high impact content, leading our client engagements, forming and growing trust-based client relationships, managing client profitability and enhancing our distinctive knowledge. This position will also function as an Engagement Manager on a variety of client projects and will play a key role in developing business with new and existing clients.
- To take a lead role in the development of brand strategies for assigned clients
- Engage in value-added dialog on engagement and branding topics
- Produce and integrate highest quality end-product
- Develop trust-based relationships with day-to-day client contacts
- Engage in broad based branding dialog and become senior client’s trusted counselor
- Provide meaningful client value and identify opportunities to grow client partnerships
- Inspire team to deliver highest quality work product in a timely and satisfying manner
- Develop and monitor metrics of “success”
- Lead problem, team and process structuring
- Captain team and ensures that work is produced efficiently and effectively
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to handle large complex projects
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong client leadership skills—can connect with clients and inspire their confidence for ongoing commitments
- Strategic and creative thinker with 8+ years experience in branding, communications, and/or digital strategy and implementation. Likely comes from a top tier branding, digital or advertising agency, or client organization.
- Strong analytical skills to contribute to clients’ marketing agendas by assessing their situations, identifying and filling gaps, evaluating implications and advising clients.
- A team player with strong client development and relationship management skills and an ability to command the respect of the SVP/VP Marketing in large client organizations while also working effectively with his/her teammates at the Director/Manager level. He/she will be proactive about managing client relationships and identifying and seizing opportunities.
- A true passion and appreciation for the power of creative and a solid understanding of and practical experience in communications including the ability to articulate creative direction and evaluate creative ideas as well as the quality of execution.
- An undergraduate degree in business, marketing or communications from a top tier school. MBA desirable
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing why you want to be part of the Orange Element team along with your resume. Qualified candidates will be asked to provide strategic case study examples of strategic brand work highlighting their expertise as well as three work-related references. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Director, Business Development
Orange Element seeks an experienced Director of Business Development to join our team. The right candidate is a leader that loves the challenge of identifying new prospects within specific industries (business development) and wants to build relationships with existing clients (account management). Experience must include developing strategies to grow business within specific market segments/verticals. The Director of Business Development plays a critical role in growth opportunities for Orange Element and serves as an extension of the Orange Element brand.
- Help develop strategic prospective plans to identify qualified leads in specific industries.
- Identify potential new clients through online resources, professional groups and industry-related websites, and by referrals from your business network, candidates, and current clients
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Take a consultative approach to learning and understanding your client’s business objectives
- Deliver excellent client service at all times, operating with integrity
- Create client awareness of Orange Element’s services through effective promotion, outreach, and attendance at networking events.
- Attend relevant after-hours events, meet-ups, conferences, and seminars to promote Orange Element and network with potential clients.
- Adhere to Orange Element’s core values and mission.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of professional experience focused on business development, client services and marketing strategy
- Previous experience in selling services with an understanding of sales techniques and strategies
- Ability to actively manage relationships with prospective clients from initial point of contact to close
- Knowledge of digital, marketing and creative industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focused with the ability to work independently
- Personable and outgoing with external and internal contacts
- Flexible and adaptable—able to go w/ the flow
- Self-motivated, self-directed & results-driven with a proven track record of excellent performance
- Other traits that will allow you to be successful in the job – interest in small company culture, ability to learn and work within a database/CRM tool, tactful, ability to multi-task, ability to prioritize.
- An undergraduate degree in business, marketing or communications from a top tier school. MBA desirable.
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing why you want to be part of the Orange Element team along with your resume. Screened and qualified candidates will be asked to provide strategic case study examples of business development within market areas of their expertise as well as three work-related references. Apply at email@example.com. No phone calls.